Great Relationships and Sex Education - Alice Hoyle and Ester McGeeney
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Great Relationships and Sex Education is an innovative and accessible guide for educators who work with young people to create and deliver Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) programmes. Developed by two leading experts in the field, it contains hundreds of creative activities and session ideas that can be used both by experienced RSE educators and those new to RSE.
Drawing on best practice and up-to-date research from around the world, Great RSE provides fun, challenging and critical ways to address key contemporary issues and debates in RSE. Activity ideas are organised around key areas of learning in RSE: Relationships, Gender and Sexual Equality, Bodies, Sex and Sexual Health. There are activities on consent, pleasure, friendships, assertiveness, contraception, fertility and so much more. All activities are LGBT+ inclusive and designed to encourage critical thinking and consideration of how digital technologies play out in young people’s relationships and sexual lives.
This book offers:
- Session ideas that can be adapted to support you to be creative and innovative in your approach and that allow you to respond to the needs of the young people that you work with.
- Learning aims, time needed for delivery, suggested age groups to work with and instructions on how to deliver each activity, as well as helpful tips and key points for educators to consider in each chapter.
- Activities to help create safe and inclusive spaces for delivering RSE and involve young people in curriculum design.
- A chapter on ‘concluding the learning’ with ideas on how to involve young people in evaluating and reflecting on the curriculum and assessing their learning.
- A list of recommended resources, websites, online training courses and links providing further information about RSE.
With over 200 activities to choose from, this book is an essential resource for teachers, school nurses, youth workers, sexual health practitioners and anyone delivering RSE to young people aged 11–25.
Adding product to your cart